Monday, January 30, 2012

Stormwind Baked Mac and Cheese

Growing up in my house meant several things would happen through out the year for a meal. Apple dumplings, potato soup and homemade baked macaroni and cheese. My dad used to tell us when he was going to make it and by the time dinner rolled around we were salivating like crazy in anticipation for the meal to come.

This recipe is simple and surprising fulfilling.  While it's not my father's, it is still really tasty, and my own version of this classic dish.

This is also very popular at the school house and orphanages all over Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdom. 

You will need:

1 lb elbow noodles
1 16 oz block sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 8oz block colby jack cheese, shredded
1/4 c. milk
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400ºF. Grease a shallow baking dish. I recommend a 9 x 12 glass baking dish

Cook noodles in lightly salted water until tender. Drain.

Mix the milk, sharp cheddar and the noodles in pot until well coated and all cheese is melted. Carefully dump noodles into baking dish and sprinkle colby jack on the top. Add salt and pepper.

Bake for 30 minutes until edges are golden brown. Remove and let cool about five minutes before serving.

I like to put mine under the broiler for a few minutes and let the cheese get nice and crispy on top. The more cooked without being burned, the happier I am.

This is not burned. This is just the way I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment