Monday, January 9, 2012

Herbed Baked Egg

My husband is in the Navy, and currently he is still doing schooling but they have so many students that the classroom hours are far from normal. Oftentimes I will find myself having a meal alone or doing things alone during the day because he's usually asleep.

Today is no different.

However, to amuse myself I made another WoW inspired recipe. Adapted from The Gamer's Fridge. This recipe can be adjusted to however many people there are for breakfast. Or in my case lunch.

Ingredients:

6 eggs
Butter or margarine
1/4 c.Thinly sliced or dice ham
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 c diced green pepper
1/8 tsp basil (for each)
6 pieces loaf bread of choice
shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 350ยบ F.

Grease a muffin pan with spray or butter. I used cupcake wrappers because wildly enough I don't actually own a muffin tin. (This will be remedied.)

Cut the crust off the bread and place in the muffin tin. This will act like a pocket. Add ham and green pepper to the bottom, salt and pepper to taste.

Whisk the egg into submission and pour into the bread pocket. Sprinkle with basil and top with cheese.

Bake for 15-20 minutes until the egg doesn't jiggle anymore. Remove, cool for 5 minutes and enjoy.

I do have a picture of this, however I'm technologically impaired when it comes to getting them off my husband iPod. My phone seems to have disappeared magically. I'm sure the gnomes have stolen it. :)

Update: Picture. I figured out the iPod after it refused to send the picture to my email or my phone. Fancy that.

2 comments:

  1. Cupcake papers! I wish I had thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, you would be better off with the muffin tins. They come out much better then the foils. I have a little tart pie pan that I use now and it works great.

      Delete