Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Blood, Sweat, Tears and Cats

Last night I started carving down my staff a little more. That resulted in a minor cut on my index finger that bled like crazy. It's more like a paper cut and caused me to swear quite a bit. I don't recommend -ever- cutting with the blade coming towards you, which is how I ended up cutting myself. In the process of carving, I noted that my cardboard pieces were curving. The only way I could figure out how to uncurve them was to carve it down and add more foam hoping the weight of the foam would reverse it.

This did not happen. So it's back to the carving board as it were. I'm still in the process of  figuring out how to reverse the curve. I'm hoping that breaking the foam and filling it with more foam will do this.

While I was letting the foam set, some of it had come out of the container, which is normal. My cat, Gaelic decided that she wanted to sleep on my table. Obviously, I don't want her up there while there is wet foam. So I shooed her away. She ended up brushing against the canister and getting foam on her tail. I spent five minutes chasing her around to try to get the foam off her. She wasn't having any of that.

After about thirty minutes, I notice that she was acting funny and had something hanging from her mouth. Finally being able to scoop her up, I managed to pull the thing from her mouth. As it turned out, she was chewing on a piece of foam that she pulled off. I pulled the rest off her fur and let her loose. You would think that my cat would be grateful. Oh no, she shot me a dirty look as if it was my fault that she ended up with foam on her.

Ah, such are the ways of beasties.

I'm ninty-five percent sure that my cat is trying to steal and sabotage my work.

Gaelic is seen here trying to absorb my ideas and plans through this "sleep" method.

No comments:

Post a Comment