Thursday, January 5, 2012

Dress-Up Chef?

Hi!
I'm Zodi and this is my blog.

Yeaaaah that's a little more than lame. So why is the blog called Dress-up Chef? Well because I'm just starting into the wonderful world of Cosplay. Recently, I've become addicted to MMOs. Liar. Okay so for the last sixteen or seventeen years I've been playing MMORPGs. For those that don't speak 1337, Nerd or Geek, that is Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Still confused? You're hopeless and you'll never get it. Can't say, that too mean. Make a character, run adventures/quests/mission/dungeons, gain experience points and level up. Oooooh you mean like DnD. Yes. But bigger and with more free will then Sims

I decided that I wanted to take the clothing/armor from one game and make it real. Here's where Cosplay comes in, because this is what people all over the world do. They take items from a game and they craft it. A lot of times they wear their cosplay costumes to conventions all over the world. Mine just happens to be for Blizzcon 2012.

I've no idea what I'm doing, and just sort of going in blindly. I have some tutorials from Kamui and she's been a HUGE help when it comes to ideas and instructions on how to make things. So I pooled all my Christmas money this year and started buying all the things I would need to make my cosplay.

That list includes but is not limited to:

Expanding foam
masking tape
newspaper (Recycling is good!)
paper mache stuff
carving knives
cardboard boxes (recycling is really good!)
paint
paint brushes
feathers, fabric, fur
sewing machine and sewing accessories
sculpey and tools
storage
beads and findings
tools for all crafts

On top of all of this stuff, I also decided I wanted to make my own custom jewelry inspired by various games that I've played. Everything from World of Warcraft, to Neverwinter Nights 1 (Ya know... the good one.) Why I'm doing this is fairly simple (I'm bored); I enjoy crafting things. I enjoy feverishly carving foam knowing that one day it will be a gorgeous looking staff.

But Zodi...the site is called Dress-up Chef.

Yep! I also like cooking too and sometimes I make some really awesome meals that are inspired by World of Warcraft. However, I won't be limiting myself to just WoW inspired meals. I will have normal everyday meals too.

So with this all being said!

Welcome to Dress-up Chef, I will be your blogger, server, seamstress, and chef Zodi.

One day I'll have enough Dalaran cooking awards to get a chef hat. What am I talking about... I'm a tailor, I'll just make one!

No comments:

Post a Comment