Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Curiously Tasty Omelet

Some days you wake up and the hunger isn't really there but when it is, its more of a OH MY GOD FEED ME HUMAN BEFORE I--*Murloc angry growl.* I woke up feeling like that today. I knew I wanted eggs and cheese but that wasn't enough. My husband and one of our friends had just gotten home from night school and I knew they would be hungry too. What to make, what to make?

It was about the third angry murloc growl that I gave in and went to go forage in the kitchen for food. Specifically eggs.

 After rummaging through my fridge I discovered:

1/2 dozen eggs
4 cheese shredded blend
1/2 lb breakfast sausage
1 red pepper (you will only need half
1/4 c. chopped onions
2 tbsp milk
2 tsp Curious house blend of herbs (This means you may use what you would like. Though recipe will follow at the bottom.)
Tasty ketchup and steak sauce mixture (recipe follows)

Huzzah! I would have food for sure. But what to make still that I could cook all of this all at once and we could eat it together?

This is when I remembered I had a cake pan. I had used disposable ones for the Chocolate Celebration Cake. Finally, I knew what I was going to do. I was going to make an omelet, but not just any omelet, it had to be WoW inspired. Going to wowhead I type omelet in the search bar and decided that the Curiously Tasty Omelet would be my safest bet.

Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Grease cake pan with non-stick spray. (Those Goblins think of everything!)
Take sausage, crumble and partially cook in a frying pan. Let cool.
Crack six eggs into a bowl along with the milk and whisk them until they are a pale yellow. From there you want to add the onions and peppers and pour into the cake pan.
Once the sausage is cooled enough spoon into the egg mix. Sprinkle with herbs. Top with cheese and place in oven for 30-35 minutes until eggs have no jiggle left.
Remove from oven and let rest for two minutes then serve with the ketchup steak sauce. Enjoy.




Curious house blend herbs
1 tbsp thyme, rosemary, mint, sage, basil, oregano.
Mix until combined. Place in air tight container.

Ketchup-Steak sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup A1 steak sauce
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste

Whisk until well blended

No comments:

Post a Comment