Friday, January 6, 2012

Juicy Bear Burgers

In a recent post on my facebook, I stated that I going to make Juicy Bear Burgers for dinner. To which my father replied "Okay, what are bear burgers, Girly Girl?" The comment that followed was by my dear friend Ray; "Gourmet nerd food."

After reading this I could help but giggle.

But I did indeed make Juicy Bear Burgers. Though I've never had real bear, I've been told it's gamey. But for my recipe, I used ground beef and these burgers turned out to be so juicy and so delicious.

2lbs. ground beef
2 eggs
1 c. plain bread crumbs
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp hot sauce (more or less depending on tastes.)
1/8 c. finely chopped onion (I used rehydrated dried onion; below)
1/8 tsp salt and pepper
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese

To rehydrate dried onion use the same amount of  warm water, or more to each amount of onion. So for 1/8 cup of dried onion, use 1/8 c warm water. Drain the onions of the excess water.

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Press in to palm size patties. They should be thin as you will be placing one on top of another.

Place cheese in center of a patty along with second patty on top. Seal the sides.

I grilled my burgers on stove top grill. You want to make sure the grill is nice and hot when you place the burgers on. Turn the heat to medium, cover and flip after 5 minutes. Continue to cook until desired doneness..

Set on a toasted bun with leafy lettuce, tomato and choice of condiments. Serve with pasta salad and choice of vegetable.
Pictured here with bacon ranch pasta salad and buttered corn with salt and pepper.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I love you and your nerdy-ness!
    ♥Jamie

    ReplyDelete