Sunday, March 11, 2012

Craft A Staff Redo!

Today I finally got around to doing the new template for my staff and gluing it to the handle. It's turned out much much better.


The new plans took me a little while to figure out. But once I stopped looking at the pieces jutting off of it. It was simple to just draw the basic shapes. The next part was making the template larger, which I did out of poster board. From there I traced that shape on to foamboard. 

Foamboard is a pain in the butt to cut. But I managed it with a utility knife and an xacto knife. Still it was hard. After that, I hot glued the pieces on.


Letting this dry a a bit and the metal part to cool, before adding the foam. I'm pleased with the way the shape came out. I will probably have to take it down a bit, but I'll worry about that later.

One side foamed. Waiting the 4-6 hours for this to dry now. *siiigh* I'm so impatient. I can't wait for it to be dry and then I can start the fun part. CARVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment